• Complete the Rutgers Science Explorer visit request form and coordinate scheduling with the Rutgers Science Explorer staff.
After you have received confirmation of the date of your visit, do the following:
• Complete your contact information form.
• Have your principal send Rutgers a letter of confirmation [PDF] [Microsoft Word document].
• Coordinate and arrange experiment sessions. Fill out a visit schedule form.
• Complete Rutgers Science Explorer class list form for each session
• Inform the Rutgers Science Explorer staff of any special requirements needed to accommodate students. The Rutgers Science Explorer is handicapped-accessible, with a wheelchair lift available at the back door.
• Arrange any permission slips required by your school. Our program does not provide permission slips and does not need to review permission slips. A photograph-release form for students and a photograph-release form for teachers are available to allow students and teachers to be photographed during the bus visit.
• Arrange for a secure location to park the Rutgers Science Explorer. The location must not disrupt traffic or require that the bus be moved. (Staff scientists are not licensed to drive the vehicle.)
• Provide Rutgers with detailed driving directions to your school. (We do not accept directions from Internet web sites. Please supply routes that are accessible to commercial vehicles and have a height clearance of 13 feet. The Rutgers Science Explorer is not able to travel highways that restrict commercial traffic, such as the Garden State Parkway in northern New Jersey.)