The Rutgers Science Explorer Graduate Fellow project builds and maintains learning communities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) through educational partnerships involving Rutgers University and local school districts. In this project, graduate students who are enrolled in graduate programs at Rutgers University will bring the excitement of contemporary science and mathematics research into the pre-college classroom, and enrich science and mathematics programs in middle schools.
- There are multiple positions available for the Fall 2023 running until June 2024.
- Graduate students who are accepted for these positions will conduct activities on the Rutgers Science Explorer – the Science Bus. Accepted graduate students are expected to work a minimum of 1-2 days a month (8-16 hours) at a middle school in New Jersey. Some presentations may overlap with the events at the Rutgers Geology Museum and the Math and Science Learning Center.
- Attendance to a half day training session is required.
SUPPORT FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Graduate students who are accepted will be paid at an hourly rate of up to $40.00/hour up to a maximum of $3,000 over the academic year.
- Open to graduate students enrolled in STEM programs at Rutgers University, New Brunswick Campus.
- Strong preference will be given to Ph.D. candidates. Applicants should demonstrate an interest in combining their research interests with teaching.
- Graduate students must be citizens, nationals or permanent residents of the United States.
- Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
- Applicants should first complete the STEM Graduate Student Application Form.
- Once the application form is received, candidates will be interviewed. Notification of acceptance will be made within a week of the interview date.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Carrie Ferraro, Rutgers Science Explorer Coordinator
Rutgers University ARC Building, 3rd floor
Busch Campus 618 Allison Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
More information about the Rutgers Science Explorer can be found at: http://sciencebus.rutgers.edu